Friday, November 7, 2008

Hmmm....

I like the idea of blogging but am finding I don't know what to blog. When I do write something it tends to be when I'm trying to work things out. I've been that way my whole life; my diaries and journals are full of all the complaints of life and the few happy thoughts are really quite poorly written. I don't think I'm alone in this. I think a lot of people find writing/journaling to be theraputic and probably find the same thing true of their own diaries. So the question remains, can I change this habit? It's not the first time I'll be trying, of course. There is one thing I'd like to point out, though, and that is by venting (whether it be written or oral) I'm not looking for anyone to "fix" things. I'm just venting. Sometimes it feels better to get things out, doesn't it? Sometimes, too, you realize after a vent that the problem you thought existed in the thoughts festering in your head really isn't much of a problem after all; and doesn't that feel better?
vent

No comments: