Thursday, March 26, 2009

So Very Thankful

One of the blogs I follow is San Diego Daily Photo. I'm a San Diego native, transplanted to the east, and have enjoyed returning to San Diego vicariously through Nancy's daily photos and posts. Her post today was titled "Thankful" and it really did remind me how thankful I am.

If you're here, you probably know by now that I suffered from Postpartum Depression after the birth of my son and, in fact, am still battling it. (You can read more about that here.) Today, though, I have to share how very thankful I am for my adorable son. I do believe he's the cutest thing on the planet. I really do. His smile makes my heart swell with pride and love. I can't imagine my life without him. I'm so thankful for his tiny little hands, little laugh, beautiful blue eyes and the cutest little "piggy toes" EVER.

I'm thankful, too, that I'm getting better, that I have a husband who supports me, and that I am finding a way to be a voice for women suffering with PPD.

By the way, if you haven't done so already, please become a supporter of the Melanie Blocker Stokes MOTHER'S Act. I'll be thankful for that, too!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I had commented on this the day you posted but it's not there.

Thank you for mentioning my blog. I think you need to be thanked for bring your personal experiences to the forefront. Because of this, you are making difference. You may not get a comment from "that person" you've helped but rest assured, they are out there.

God bless you,

Nancy

isk8jewel said...

Nancy - th you once again for your kind words. I don't know what happened to the other comment because I know I approved it. Sorry!

TurtlePress said...

Jewel - first, San Diego misses you, so I'm glad you found a way to connect with some of your old memories. Second, you are doing a wonderful job of getting the word out, I am so proud of you. You have been a rock for so many, including myself - know that you are loved!

T