Tuesday, May 26, 2009

2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge



First, my apologies for neglecting my blog writing and reading over the past week. I just don't know where the time has gone. I really, really do intend to get back on track. Promise! Part of the problem is that I've had my nose in a book. (FYI - I've become one of those Twilight people.)


If you know me, you know I love books. I wish I could have a room in my house dedicated as a library. Walking into a bookstore or library makes me giddy... I love the smell of library books and love the look and feel of a book. I like the crackle a new hardcover makes when you open it and the soft thud of closing a paperback. Ahhhhhhhh books. (BTW - did you know that they actually sell book scented candles? They do... check it out.)



At the beginning of the year, I joined a Fifty Book Challenge. I have so enjoyed getting back to reading for pleasure although I think I may have fallen slightly behind as we hit the spring weather, after a long and cold winter, here in Western New York. I'm currently a little more than half way through my fourteenth book and I think there's still hope.



Today, I was over at Pam's Perspective where she posted about a library book challenge. Of course I had to check it out. J. Kaye's Book Blog is hosting the 2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge. You can go here for all the details and to sign up if you're interested. I think it's a great way to re-discover how wonderful libraries really are. (My challenge list is currently empty, because I'm just starting today, but I'll be updating this post with books that apply.)


Library Challenge Books I've Read:
  1. The Mighty Queens of Freeville: A Mother, a Daughter, and the Town That Raised Them by Amy Dickinson (ISBN: 978-1-4013-2285-4)
  2. The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig
  3. The Seduction of the Crimson Rose by Lauren Willig
1/01/10 Update: Yes, I seem to have lost my challenge.  I did check out numerous children's items but, alas, didn't keep track of those.  Trying again in 2010 with a goal of reading 10 library books.

1 comment:

J. Kaye said...

Wanted to stop in and welcome you to the Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge. If you haven’t already, feel free to join our Yahoo Groups . There you’ll find others who are trying to complete this reading challenge.

Links to post your reviews are found at the bottom of J. Kaye’s Book Blog. The bottom of the blog has clickable buttons. Just click on 2009 Book Challenges and it will take you to the correct page. This is, of course, totally optional.

Have Fun!