Thursday, July 30, 2009

Book Recommendation


I just finished The Mighty Queens of Freeville by Amy Dickinson (of "Ask Amy" fame) and had to share what a wonderful book it was. Poignant is a word that comes to mind. I found it to be touching and inspirational and it really left me in a happy place every time I read a little bit of it.


Please excuse this short post which is really not a true book review. For a more thorough (ok, and "real") review, check out Margaret Andrew's (of Nanny Goats in Panties bloggy fame) review over at curled up with a good book.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm glad you wrote this. I love Ask Amy and was intrigued about her book about he women in her family. I had read one review from a blogger who didn't think it was all that good. I was a little disappointed by that. Glad to hear that you liked it. It's on my tbr list. I'll get to it someday. Now I'm looking forward to it again.