Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm Giving In


It is November 4th and tonight I drove past a home already adorned with Christmas lights. Typically I'd be the November "Bah Humbug" girl complaining that the holiday season is over commercialized and it's so ridiculous that the Christmas displays are out and that in a few short weeks (perhaps even days) the radio stations will be warming up their endless Christmas tunes. This year, I've had a change of heart. I remember saying to my husband, the day after Christmas last year, something along the lines of, "I can't believe Christmas is over; I didn't even have a chance to enjoy the season." Hmmm..... Flash back to the previous November as I Bah-Humbugged my way through stores and changing radio stations. So this year I'm not going to waste my time with negative energy. I am, instead, going to embrace the season early and see what happens. Happy Holidays!

P.S. I have referred to Christmas because it is the holiday my family and I celebrate; I by no means me to offend anyone who celebrates holidays of other faiths. I wish you ALL a blessed season.
**Photo credit: jspad's photstream on flickr

No comments: