Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's Prematurity Awareness Day

Today is National Prematurity Awareness Day and November is Prematurity Awareness Month. I received an email from March of Dimes this morning relaying the results of the second annual Premature Birth Report Card. Our country scored a D. That frightens me.

Admittedly, I have yet to read the report but this cause is still an important one to me. My cousin's son, William, was born premature (I believe at around 24 weeks) just over a month before I was lucky enough to welcome home my healthy baby boy. William went through many surgeries and has become the bravest little man I know. It brought a tear to my eye when I saw recent pictures of a happy, healthy William. I know he still has much ahead of him but I know we are all so thankful that because of research, and a survivor spirit, little William is here today.

Join the Fight for Preemies and find out how you can help. Donate now.

No comments: