Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My First Ever Blog Award

First, my sincere apologies for neglecting my bloggy duties for so long. Life has been crazy and I never seem to get caught up. I'm hoping that will change soon but in the meantime...

Amber over at Beyond Postpartum awarded my blog this award in thanks of my support of "Survivor Mamas" (those of us who have survived a perinatal mood disorder). I am so honored that she chose me as one of the recipients. Though my blog has gone many different directions since I started it, it was born out of my desire to share my PPD experiences with others and to do my little part to help spread knowledge of such disorders. Please take a minute to visit Amber's blog and learn more about her journey. Thank you, Amber!



The blog award rules:
To accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her blog link. Pass the award to approximately 15 other blogs that you have recently discovered and think are great! Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chose for this award.
Ok.. now this is where I am breaking the rules... I've been so busy that I haven't had time in recent months to discover 15 new blogs. I do promise to continue nominating blogs and posting them on my web as I can. I WILL nominate 15 deserving blogs; just not all at once. I hope that's OK.
Another rule breaker... I didn't recently discover these two but that's not their fault and they certainly deserve recognition I nominate:
  1. Inside the Shell for sharing her survivor strength
  2. New Beginnings for her honesty
  3. Singing in the Rain for being an inspiration
  4. Grab a Cup for sharing her PPD journey to give others strength
  5. Musings, Musings, Musings - The Muser shares her experiences with perinatal and postpartum depression, motherhood and more.  She is also starting a weekly round up of other blogs that discuss perinatal mood disorders (and I thank her for including me on the list).
  6. Housewife Bliss - What a fun blog!  Her recent posts have included Sexy New Girlfriend - the experiment and Looking at my home with fresh eyes.

3 comments:

Amber Koter-Puline said...

Thanks for suggesting my blog to your readers and most of all for being a dedicated Survivor Mama!

Kathryn said...

Aww thanks so much! I will be sure to pass it on! :)

Isk8Jewel (~Julie~) said...

Oh, good... I'm glad you found it. (I couldn't find your email.)