Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Moving Thought

I don't think it's any big secret to those who know me personally that my husband and I have been toying with the idea of moving.  We're in that "do we stay here/stay local/stay regional/or maybe move-cross- country-back-to-my-roots?"  phase of thinking.  Nothing is imminent, if it even happens at all, but still a huge factor in our considerations has been my battle with PPD.  We wonder: would being closer to family/friends help?  What if we have another; then where do we want to be and when?  If we move, do we do it before or after any potential future munckins?  A lot of factors to consider for sure.  That's why I was glad to see this piece, from Postpartum Progress, as a reminder of how moving can be a stressor for PPD:
"...This move also reminds me how stressful moving is, which is why it is no surprise that an event like this can be a risk factor for postpartum depression. It's very unsettling not knowing where everything is, dealing with your children's discomfort in being uprooted, feeling like you are in a foreign place..."  (Read More...)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Wouldn't it be nice if moving wasn't so stressful? I wish you the best (and the least amount of stress) as you decide on what you want to do.