Friday, November 20, 2015

Let's Talk Parenthood

In an attempt to (very) slowly get back into the blog mindset, let's talk parenthood, shall we? I used to have this image of parenthood.  You know the one: the perfect family in the perfect house. Kids are happy all the time and listen to their parents. No, I didn't honestly think it was all that. I didn't think it would be easy. I knew we would face struggles and kids would misbehave. I can honestly say, however, that I never expected it to be THIS hard. "Why did no one warn me?" crosses my mind about a hundred times a day. I've felt alone in this internal struggle for years. Slowly but surely I'm hearing the quiet "me too" from other moms. That makes me feel better;  more.... normal. So let's be honest here: parenting is hard. REALLY hard. That doesn't mean its not worth every difficult moment. I love my kids. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Photobucket

No comments: